AS A PART OF THE 1ST INTERNATIONAL FORUM
“ASFEN.FORUM, NEW GENERATION-2023”
We cordially invite you to the Conference!
NJSC “Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University”, Almaty, Kazakhstan, together with University Medical Center, Utrecht, Netherlands, warmly invites students, young scientists, master, doctoral students, practicing nurses, academic staff from all medical universities, medical higher colleges and colleges of the Republic of Kazakhstan and universities international to participate in the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Nursing research quality improvement”. The conference is part of the AccelEd project “Accelerating Master and PhD Nursing Education Development in the Higher Education System in Kazakhstan”, which is funded by the EU through the Erasmus Plus program, which implements innovative projects to increase capacity and reform higher education.
The conference program includes plenary and parallel sessions with oral presentations including thematic discussions focusing on the importance of nursing research and improving the quality of nursing care.
Date: 5th June, 2023
Venue: offline based on the NJSC “Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University”, Almaty, Kazakhstan, Tole Bi Street 94, Almaty 050000, Kazakhstan.
Conference languages: official conference language is English; simultaneous translation will be provided to Kazakh and Russian.
THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
“Nursing Research: Quality Improvement through Collaboration”.
Key issues: Best practices of collaboration nursing research, including Master’s and PhD theses in research, education and clinical practice; Collaboration in educational program development; Strengthening research capacities in universities; Developing criteria for nursing research and quality assurance; Mentoring and Supervising; Research in Nursing.
“Nursing care: Improved Quality through Research”.
Key issues: Evidence-based nursing practice; Development of clinical nursing guidelines; Implementation of research results into nursing practice; Therapeutic interventions in nursing, quality of nursing care; Provision of health care services.
- Participants will identify at least two opportunities to apply learning from the conference to their nursing practice.
- Participants will report that the conference provided the opportunity for participants including nurses to engage with the national and international nursing community.
Representatives from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Science and Education of Kazakhstan,
Dr. Thóra B. Hafsteinsdóttir, RN, PhD, senior researcher, Nursing Science Department, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, the Netherlands,
Prof. Lisbeth Fagerström, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
Prof. Aurelija Blaževičienė, Lithuanian University of Medical Sciences, Lithuania.
Dr. Roza Abzalova, Doctor of medical science, Chair of National Association “Primary Health Care”, Kazakhstan.
FORMS OF PARTICIPATION
- Oral presentation (duration: maximum 10 minutes; 5 minutes for discussion)
- Publication of abstract
- Participation as audience
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
For submission of an abstract, please submit the abstract to the Conference Planning Committee by sending the abstract to: Assel Khassenova email: email@example.com with cc to T.hafsteinsdottir@umcutrecht. Deadline for submission of abstracts has been extended to 10th of May 2023. Participants will be informed about acceptance of abstracts before 19th of May 2023. Conference materials are published in electronic form. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to edit or reject material that does not correspond with the topic of the conference or is designed in violation of the requirements. The Conference Planning Committee will decide if the presentation will be an oral or only published in electronic abstract book. Certificates of attendance are issued upon participation in the conference.
For participation in the conference as audience, please register before 25th of May 2023 through the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_Jmb9HwQ56axGd9K8bzMN6C3UQVS4c90YB1d2AAUGrs/edit
REQUIREMENTS FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts, checked stylistically and orthographically, should be presented in English, Kazakh, or Russian languages. The text should be typed in MS Word, (Times New Roman 12 font), line spacing – single, with margins of 2,0 cm on left and right sides of the sheet, top and bottom margins 1,5 (sheet format A4). The number of words in the Abstract is no more 300 words exclusive the title, information about the authors (names/institutions).
The heading is formatted as follows:
- The first line – UDC (Unique Decimal Classification) (please contact the conference secretary if you have any problems with obtaining the UDC);
- The second line – initials, surname(s) academic degree, presenter (author) in bold type;
- The third line – initials, surname(s), all author(s) in bold type;
- The fourth line –- initials, surname, academic degree of the supervisor;
- The fifth line the title of the study/project (work) in capital letters in bold type, no more than three lines without abbreviations;
- The sixth line – institution full name, city, country in bold type.
- The seventh line: if the project is part of AccelEd project, which Workpackage does the research/project/work fall under (WP2.1, WP 2.2., WP2.3, WP2.4)
The following Abstract structure is mandatory:
- a) Background of the study/project/work;
- b) Aims of the study/project/work;
- c) Methods used in the study/project/work;
3) Results of the study/project/work (summarize the main findings);
4) Conclusion (including implications for clinical practice and recommendations for further research). Abbreviations are not allowed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
- The presentation should be in MS Power Point (Power Point 2006-2019); MS PowerPoint Microsoft 365.
- Duration of oral presentation should not exceed 10 minutes, discussion: 5 minutes.
- The speaker provides the presentation to the organizers of the conference, before May 30th 2023. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due to different laptop software, please save your presentations in two extensions *.ppt and *.pptx
- Presentation requirements: the presentation should be prepared according to generally accepted rules (light slide + dark letters). On the first slide: speaker’s name; supervisor’s name, department, organization, university, city, date.
Best Presentation Award
The presentations of projects/studies/work (which is not a part of the AccelEd project) will be assessed and the presenter of the best presentation will be awarded with the Best Presentation Award. AccelEd studies/project/work will not be taking part in the Best Presentation Award.
Publication of Abstracts
All abstracts accepted for presentation in the conference will be published in an e-bulletin of Asfendiyarov Kazakh National Medical University.
Publication of Articles
The scientific journal KazNMU Bulletin is going to devote one of the next issues to upcoming conference in Nursing Science. Therefore, 12 articles will be accepted for publishing after reviewing commission of the Journal. Articles publication requirements will be sent to potential authors after selection.
Contact for details: email@example.com
For questions about presentations and participation in the conference:
Name: Aigerim Taldybai
Tel: +7 708 270 8207
Research Center –
Name Dinara Makhanbetkulova
Tel: +7 747 212 1113
Conference secretary – Assel Zhangazina
+7 707 200 0449