The Trinity of Nursing: Clinical Practice, Research and Education
Project “AccelEd – Accelerating Master and PhD Nursing Education Development in the Higher Education System in Kazakhstan”
We cordially invite you to the Conference!
NJSC “Astana Medical University”, Astana, Kazakhstan warmly invites students, young scientists, master, doctoral students, clinical practice nurses, academic staff from all medical universities, medical higher colleges and colleges of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international universities to take part in the Final International Scientific and Clinical Practice Conference «The Trinity of Nursing: Clinical Practice, Research and Education» organized by the AccelEd project “Accelerating Master and PhD Nursing Education Development in the Higher Education System in Kazakhstan”, funded by the EU through the Erasmus Plus program, which implements innovative projects increasing the capacity and reforming higher nursing science education.
The conference program includes plenary sessions with oral presentations including thematic discussions focusing on the trinity of nursing, i.e., clinical practice, research and education.
Date: 9-10th November, 2023
Venue: offline based on the NJSC “Astana Medical University”, Astana, Kazakhstan, Beibitshilik Street 49А.
Conference languages: Kazakh, Russian, English (simultaneous translation will be provided).
MAIN THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE:
Session 1 Nursing Research: Challenges and Perspectives
Session 2 Competency Education and Educational Strategies in Nursing
Session 3 Leadership: New Approaches to Nursing Management
Session 4 The role of the nurse in quality and safety of health care
FORMS OF PARTICIPATION
- publication of abstract and oral presentation (duration: maximum 7 minutes; 3 minutes for discussion)
- only publication of abstract
- participation as audience
Attendance in the conference is free of charge.
PROCEDURE FOR PARTICIPATION AND SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
For participation in the conference and submission of an abstract, please submit the abstract to the Conference Planning Committee by this link: https://conference.amu.kz/registration.php?russian before 02.10.2023. Participants will receive notifications of acceptance of abstracts for publication by 13.10.23. Applications of abstracts submitted after 02.10.2023 will not be accepted.
Conference materials are published in electronic form. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to edit or reject material that does not correspond with the topic of the conference or the requirements. The Conference Planning Committee will decide if the presentation will be an oral or only published in electronic abstract book. The participant will receive a notification about the inclusion of the oral presentation in the conference program by 13.10.23. Certificates of attendance are issued upon participation in the conference (electronic).
For participation in the conference as audience, please register before 20.10.2023 through the link: https://conference.amu.kz/registration.php?russian
REQUIREMENTS FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstracts, checked stylistically and orthographically, should be presented in Kazakh, Russian or English languages. The text should be typed in MS Word, (Times New Roman 12 font), line spacing – single, with margins of 2,0 cm on left and right sides of the sheet, top and bottom margins 1,5 (sheet format A4). The number of words in the Abstract is no more 300 words exclusive the title, information about the authors (names/institutions).
The heading is formatted as follows:
The first line – initials, surname(s) of the author(s) in bold type;
The second line – the title of the study/project (work) in capital letters in bold type, no more than three lines without abbreviations;
The third line – level of education (Bachelor/Master/PhD), course of study (study programme), specialty (nursing/health care);
The fourth line – academic degree, academic title, initials, surname of the supervisor;
The fifth line – institution full name, city, country in bold type.
Abbreviations are not allowed. Alignment of the first three lines in the center of the sheet. Further, after a space, the text of the abstract. Alignment of the text of the thesis in width. First-line indents – 1 cm. Abstracts that do not meet the requirements are returned for correction.
Original research papers will be accepted for publication. All abstracts will be checked for plagiarism. The originality of the text proposed for publication in the collection must be at least 75%.
The application must be completed as shown in the appendix (see below).
- Introduction. You state the purpose of your paper; It should include the reason for the research as well as the hypothesis. A brief background, based on a comprehensive literature search, is an important aspect of the introduction so that readers know what the research is based on; offer an overview of what has been done before and how your research is different.
- Methods. The design of the study and methods used for data collection and evaluation, as well as the statistical tests applied, should be described.
- Results. Reporting of results of the study in a way that ensures objectivity and factuality, without drawing any conclusions. If necessary, include a description of statistical tests relevant to the results. To ensure accuracy and clarity, state strengths and limitations of the study.
- Conclusions. Summarize the results in words, not figures, and indicate how well the objectives of the study have been achieved. Do not include information obtained from a literature search. The results of the study should be carefully interpreted for the audience, to ensure that they are clear and concise.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ORAL PRESENTATION AT THE CONFERENCE
- The presentation should be in MS Power Point (Power Point 2003-2016);
- Duration of oral presentation should not exceed 7 minutes, discussion: 3 minutes.
- The speaker provides the presentation to the organizers of the conference, before 20.10.23 as the presentation will be translated. Please send to: email@example.com
- Due to different laptop software, please save your presentations in two extensions *.ppt and *.pptx
- Presentation requirements: the presentation should be prepared according to generally accepted rules (light slide + dark letters). On the first slide: university name, then – the name of the department, organization name for practicing medical workers; speaker’s full name; supervisor’s name; city, date, etc.
For questions about presentations and participation in the conference:
Dean of Nursing – Baygozhina Zaure
Tel: 8 7073456305
Research Center – Aiyimbetova Ardak
Tel: 8 7172 577896 (вн.419)
Conference secretary – Aimoldina Kurolay
Tel: 8 7056221366
Application for participation in
Final International Conference
The Trinity of Nursing: Clinical Practice, Research and Education
(Astana, November 9-10, 2023)
|1 Participant/supervisor information|
|Surname, first name and patronymic of the participant/supervisor (in full)|
|City, region, country|
|Place of work|
|2. Information on the form of participation|
|Form of participation:
-participation with oral presentation
-publication of abstracts only
-participation as audience
|Number and name of session|
|Title of oral presentation|